Loose Ends

Loose Ends

the creative impulse gone awry

Friday, April 11, 2014

purple girl

So there was another bonkers bright color of Frolicking Feet (this time the fingering weight version -- no DK) that I had to get for the Zone at our Done Roving Meet the Dyer.  I mean, it's so bright, and so happy, and I had been trying to find just the right yarn for this button that we got just for Zoë - giant plastic pinky-purple gems... 



I used my tiny cardigan again - this time starting with the 12-24 month size and just adding a few more rows of increases to make it a touch bigger.  I'm thrilled with the sweater - the fit is perfect for her.  The buttons have a tendency to get pulled on a lot since they are so huge (and irresistibly sparkly) and they have been reattached many times.... but it is her go to sweater, and she wears it pretty constantly. 



I put this also in the machine for wash & dry - last time I had a towel with it and it got linty, so now I know to be a bit more careful with what I wash it with.

Still we love it.

This time Zoë decided to model for you.  Since I had pushed all the furniture out of this corner of our dining room (great light & neutral walls!) and was modelling all of the things that I've made for myself recently - I guess it looked like fun.  She was sad that she didn't get to use the camera remote...





No comments: