Loose Ends

Loose Ends

the creative impulse gone awry

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

askew

I love Knit.Wear. magazine so much that when we stopped carrying magazines in the store I had to get a digital subscription.  It's one of the few knitting magazines published (on paper) that continue to excite me each issue.  The Spring 2013 issue is SO GOOD that you should download it now if you don't have it.  There are so many things in there that I want to make, but Askew just tackled me and held me down until I cast on.
 

I pulled out some Sheep 3 from my stash for it, which is a serious commitment.  Sheep 3 is still, even though it has been discontinued for over 4 years, my favorite yarn.  It's just such a joy to knit with, and how in the world am I to resist a two-ply silk/wool blend?  I wish that someone would re-make it, but no luck yet.

oh, this sweater.  I love it so much that I barely take it off.  I actually have had it finished for a year but I kept putting of photographing it because of various issues, like it needed washing, or oh dear it was so pilly, or I hadn't washed my hair that day.  But, hey, I showered and put on mascara and I just hope that you don't look too closely -- I really do need to de-pill it! 

I wish that I thought to take photos of the back because it has this delightful (and easy) little strip of 1x1 ribbing on the back to give shape to the sweater.  You can check out the ravelry pattern page here to see the Knit.Wear. version that shows this nice detail.  Add to that the adorably asymmetrical fronts and I'm in love.  I just adore a sweater pattern that is both thoughtful in terms of details and easy to execute.  Also, it looks wicked cute on me, so yay!


I have my heart set on knitting another 3 or 4 of these.  I just love it that much.  (also it took me 8 days to make it, so, y'know, it's not such a huge knitting commitment -- unlike my boxy, or my engineered seams, sigh.) I just haven't found the perfect yarn yet, but I keep looking because I need to give the green one a break occasionally!

Zoë loves a good photobomb...

2 comments:

redfox said...

That is a seriously rad sweater, fact.

Kim said...

I love it so. I really do need to make another one.