Loose Ends

Loose Ends

the creative impulse gone awry

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wandering

One of the most lovely things about our new house is our proximity to the local bike path.  I have to be honest that not all parts of this bike path are particularly idyllic but we scored big time. If we turn left we end up in what is essentially a marshlands wildlife preserve, and if we turn right we have a nice quiet way to get into town with a lot of peeks at the water.  While the water we live near is technically a river -- it still gets you to the bay and therefore in our little hearts it's the sea...  I can't tell you how much I missed living by the ocean.  It just feels like home to be near it.

Now that the weather is delightful and most of the mosquitoes have gotten cold and died (FINALLY) we've been trying to take more frequent walks on the bike path.  Whenever we do I feel so extraordinarily lucky to live here. 






One of the more reliably fun pasttimes for Clara is to take pictures.  When I upgraded my camera I gave her my old Canon PowerShot and she loves playing with it.  I have to say, most of the time she's taking weird tableau shots with her sister, or videos of whatever she's watching on tv.  But I've been encouraging her to bring it on our walks and the results have been wonderful:



I also found lots of pictures of squirrels. 

No comments: