Loose Ends

Loose Ends

the creative impulse gone awry

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Part 4a...? this is getting ridiculous- COOKIES!

You all have seen us making and decorating cookies before.  Clara, being 4(!!!!) is quite capable of cranking out 2 dozen perfect toy soldiers at a time.  She is almost ready for rolling out the dough totally unassisted, thanks to the rolling pin that Grandp√®re made her.  Her ability to control how much flour she uses, is kind of not there yet.



I told you yesterday my plan of making new kinds of cookies each year, and we did.  But when making new things I find it's best not to take pictures that way I can just allude to the tragedies later without photographic proof.  This year we tried vanilla crescents: which were awesome, delicious and we needed to make two batches because we *inhaled* the first one- recipe here.  Also Molasses spice cookies, which are good and crispy but I think next year we'll try for a proper gingerbread instead.

My plan was to make (but not decorate) some traditional sugar cookies - we'd do the decorating later. We've made these cookies about 5 billion times, so when the Zone woke up early from her nap (we had just finished making the dough) I thought, what the heck, we'll forge ahead.  What's the worst that could happen?


Oh boy did I underestimate how much that girl loves cookie dough.



Our yield was slightly less than in previous batches.

No comments: