Loose Ends

Loose Ends

the creative impulse gone awry

Friday, December 9, 2011

Boxes

 Recently one of my friends on Facebook posted a link to geekdad's 5 best toys of all time and I was reminded of it this morning when I went downstairs and found the boxes I had brought home from the shop to help me start packing.  No, we haven't found a house yet, but apparently when selling your house you essentially have to move *out* of it first so I have lots of "clutter" to pack up to make the house fit for Architectural Digest to visit.

It occurred to me that I may get more done if I let the girls have one of the boxes.  Of course, being the wannabe engineer that I am I had to build a house out of the box first.  Learning from the design flaws from my first cardboard box playhouse, I improved this one.  I kept 1 of the flaps on the bottom and taped it to the walls for stability and added a side porch.  I have to say, if I could find a cozy little cape like this in Barrington or Warren (perhaps about 1696 square feet larger) I'd be quite happy!





I also should have mentioned that the stockings are up on ravelry here and here.  Sorry bout that!  I'm really trying to keep my ravelry projects updated. (along with the blog of course!)

1 comment:

Cambria said...

my 5-year-old played for 6 hours straight, and then consistently for another 4 days with a box. It was a car, and a cat house, and a pirate ship, and had illustrations to match :) Best toy ever!