Loose Ends

Loose Ends

the creative impulse gone awry

Monday, February 14, 2011

Little Pea: Finally finished*


*Yes, well, I *still* haven't knit the largest size, so I'm only guessing how much yarn it will take.  This is totally cheating in my mind, but it's still a good educated guess... so I don't feel too bad about it.  And, well, you have been asking me and my operatives at the shop for it, and some of you have even bought yarn for it!  I have definitely been feeling the pressure to get it finished and out. 

I just wrapped up knitting the 12-18 months size in Berroco Vintage and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  I have to sew on some buttons and it will be a lovely store sample! 

I apologize that it took so long for the pattern to come out and to those of you I said could test knit... I just couldn't wait!  So to help take the sting out, I thought I would give a few copies away!  The first 3 folks to comment will get a sweet little pea pdf emailled to them!  (i think free patterns should just be an employee perk, so Cam, you don't count!  You can print one out on wednesday! ;)

Here's the pattern page from ravelry.  I hope you love it!

10 comments:

Carol said...

I have been watching the progress of this little sweater! I would be thrilled with a copy as there are a couple of baby girls I could make this for! It is wonderful!

Kim said...

Hi Carol,

I replied to your comment (i'm still new to this blogging business...) with the attached little pea, let me know if you didn't get it! (kimberlyconterio at gmail dot com)

Ginger said...

so cute! does this mean i'm #2 and not #3 either way yay!!! happy valentine's day!

Krista said...

Don't count this as no 3 please, but I couldnt resist a chance to say thanks to Naomi for her time last week. Im back in the swing and she found the perfect pattern for that alpaca silk in berry. Where else can you talk about knitting ecg wave patterns? I will see you soon to drag out the cable beast!

Michelle said...

So cute! Was this one with the Cascade or Vintage (dying to try Vintage!)

Cambria said...

lol! That's great cause I was totally bummed that I didn't get in early enough to hit the top 3 comments :) And I have a new baby to knit for so the timing is great!

Kim said...

Michelle, the one in the photo is cascade 220 superwash, I just finished a vintage one that will be in the shop after thursday. the vintage is reeeeeeeeeeally nice. This is my second project knitting with it and i lurve it. if you send me your ravelry name i'll send you the pattern (you technically being poster #3!)

:)

Michelle said...

Thank you Kim! Whoo hoo! Gonna make one for my friend's new grandbaby.

Michelle said...

oops... rav name is michemakesthings

Karen said...

I have bene searching around for a baby cardigan to knit for a friend having twins and LOVE this one! She is having two girls and this would be absolutely adorable to make as a gift. I live in Tiverton and have been meaning to stop into your store soon to looke for yarn inspiration as I am just out of my first batch of yarn and I think this pattern is working for me to go get knitting!