Loose Ends

Loose Ends

the creative impulse gone awry

Friday, December 17, 2010

sentimental

I have the worst memory.  I don't remember much of my life, actually.  I remember big moments, like getting married, graduations, some key horribly unpleasant social encounters that shaped my childhood and adolescence... But I don't have great memory of the things that I did every day- games I used to play as a child, toys, places I went.  Even in high school and college my memories are vague and blurry for the most part.  There is a part of me that really hates this.  I had a conversation with a friend of mine whose grandfather had perfect memory and that seemed equally unpleasant, perhaps moreso.  But I do really wish that I remembered better the life that I've had.

As a result, it has been really important for me to document my girls' childhood as much as possible.  There are many times where I have been too busy and insane to take photos for weeks at a time and I always regret it.  One thing I'm hoping to do with this blog is to keep a record for myself so I can try to bring up the memories of our daily activites.  I live in hope that my brain keeps those memories, I just don't access them that frequently.  I hope these images will work as triggers to bring them to the surface. 

For the holidays my sweetie helped me get a new camera that will hopefully inspire me to take even more photos.  I have a lot to learn, this is my first ever non-point & shoot camera, but the experimentation has been so much fun and I've had it for less than 24 hours!  Here are two of my favorites from this morning.  How did I end up with such beautiful children?

1 comment:

Cambria said...

Well, part of it is genetics ;)
P.S., I miss my Zoe.