Loose Ends

Loose Ends

the creative impulse gone awry

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

swtc aMAIZing!

The yarn for this baby dress is South West Trading Company's aMAIZing. I decided to mix it up with this one and do a two color version of the dress with a wee little pocket on the front. I mean, sheesh, it's a little much to knit so many of these dresses with no variation, right?



Normally, I don't like the tape yarns, i find them a bit fussy and a bit difficult to knit. (my needles are always stabbing into the tape!) This is definitely an exception. I remember knitting this during some very hot april days hanging out with Clara in the front yard. I barely had to look down from the toddler dance party to knit this. I was knitting with my addi Lace needles with their extra sharp point and I never had a problem stabbing through the yarn. This has to be the friendliest tape yarn ever made.



The knitted fabric definitely holds its shape (no drape! keep this in mind for grown up projects!) and feels very squishy and good. I picked a color I was a little unsure of for the dress and I loved how it turned out. The variagation is just right, with minimal pooling.


Really an enjoyable knit. Coming up: more SWTC!

No comments: