Loose Ends

Loose Ends

the creative impulse gone awry

Saturday, January 26, 2008

ruffles!


IMG_0737
Originally uploaded by bellayarns
I really like how this turned out. I had started to knit this same project with a different color of Solo (the purple/black) and black smart mohair but I got bored and wandered off. Eventually I scrapped that project, but this yarn has been sitting on my shelves for over a year and desparately needed a cute sample so I tried it again, this time with pure merino as the base.

perhaps it’s the sleep dep from new parenthood, but this time it held my attention and I finished it in a few days. I am not really a cravat kind of girl but i’m really pleased with the results. I’m working up another sample of the Solo next, this time fingerless gloves (also from the fall 2006 Knit.1) and a hat that I’m designing. this time I’ll pair it with the misti Pima cotton and silk. I’m excited!

No comments: