Loose Ends

Loose Ends

the creative impulse gone awry

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Clapotis, oh how I love thee!


IMG_0716
Originally uploaded by bellayarns
Man, I love this yarn, and I love the pattern. It was fun to knit and something I could keep up with given that I get not a whole lot of sleep these days. At the end, I have to say, that dropping all those stitches with a mohair blend was not so much fun. It was great the first few times, but next time I knit this I’ll use something slinky that will drop easily.

of course, I want to make it next in this laceweight alpaca i just got in from J. Knits… which won’t drop easily at all. sigh. I torture myself.

the colorway practically glows from within, seriously. It makes up for the fact that the dye comes off on my hands (!!!) and I ended up looking like a corpse after only knitting for a few minutes. I definitely have to do some serious rinsing on this before I wear it. of course, it’s going to the store for a while, so I won’t have to worry about it until next winter most likely!

No comments: