Loose Ends

Loose Ends

the creative impulse gone awry

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Cammo Bear off to Gay Paree?


Once again, I was staring at my shelves (while knitting the baby bathrobe) and trying to figure out what sample to make next. It gets a little difficult when you have a yarn shop because you stare at yarn all day long most days and sometimes even for you, things get blurry and they all start to look the same.

I've had Filatura Di Crosa Curly for ever. I even had it in my storeroom for over a year one fall when I bought too much yarn and ran out of shelf space. I brought it back early this fall and it's been moving really slow, and so it needed a little something. I thought I would make a hat and then maybe think about making a scarf. (man, I hate knitting scarves) I picked a simple hat pattern that my friend wrote up for me when I opened that uses Schaefer Elaine. I cast on really tight, and eventually mellowed and loosened up on my knitting. The result is a hat that honestly looks a lot like a beret, with absolutely no beret shaping. you just cast on tightly, let it loosen up as you go along and then decrease like you normally would for a hat. I knitted it on a #8 29" circular. it was knit flat with a seam up the back.

I think Cammo looks quite dapper, don't you? Needless to say, I didn't get around to the scarf. The Spiral Tank was calling my name and it was a siren song I just couldn't resist.

No comments: