Loose Ends

Loose Ends

the creative impulse gone awry

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Cammo Bear channels his inner Hugh Hefner


Recently I've been in the "must knit samples from old yarns that aren't selling" mode and the first of such projects is this insanely cute infant bathrobe. Who could resist it? The yarn is Filatura Di Crosa Bambi, which looks on the shelf like a scary pastel hairball, but when knit up feels amazing! The bathrobe is already having it's desired effect, more than a bag has sold in the past couple of weeks where I had barely sold that in the last two years. The pattern is from the original Filatura Di Crosa Baby book, which has been a great seller for me since it came out two years ago. The series of simple baby sweaters with minimal shaping have been a favorite for beginner knitters and people who just need a quickie baby shower gift. Zarina, heavily featured in that book, is to die for. The stuff is just perfect. I had yet to venture into the Bambi, because, well, it looks like a pastel hairball and therefore terrified me. I bought it for the store because the bathrobe was the most adorable thing ever, but I had stupidly not knit up a sample of the thing. Amazingly enough, the sample took me less than a day to whip up. Can we say #11 needles for an infant garment? Oh yeah! Why didn't I do this years ago?

Of course, I had to put it on Cammo Bear. He's a patient and forgiving model. I immediately had images of Cammo getting ready for a party at the playboy mansion. Yes, it really is that goofy in my brain. Just be happy I don't have any martini glasses in the store otherwise I would have had to set up a whole tableau.

No comments: